From the first time I shot a pre-wedding shoot Farnham Castle I loved the possibilities that this amazing wedding venue offers for simply stunning Farnham Castle Wedding Photography!
In terms of backgrounds for wedding photography, Farnham Castle is just really really really good.
Starting with the Bishop’s Palace, Farnham Castle’s Grade 1 and 11 listed buildings are a quite the sight to take in and with beautiful views over Farnham itself there aren’t many wedding venues that are this majestic. Walk a little further around the Palace and you’ll find yourself at the foot of the Motte and shell Keep, suddenly framed by medieval castle background for your wedding photography on one side and wild flowers on the other. Climb the stairs and suddenly you’ll be framed by clear dramatic skies and a well that is just perfect for late night, creative light photography.
Seriously! With so much to choose from, your Farnham Castle Wedding Photography can only be stunning!
So, this page is a collection of wonderful photos of Farnham Castle, lots of useful tips to help you plan your Farnham Castle wedding photography and links to my favourite recent pre-wedding shoot galleries that will show you how gorgeous your Farnham Castle Wedding Photography can be.
Tips for your Farnham Castle Wedding Photography
- On your wedding day you get exclusive access to the grounds and all aspects of the venue for your Farnham Castle Wedding Photography, so make the most of it. We should use the many different buildings, both inside and out as well as the grounds and of course the extraordinary Keep. Your Farnham Castle Wedding Photography will look stunning!
- Give yourself and me enough time, so that we’re not rushed. Plan to have a good 45 mins for couple photos. Even if you’ve walked it on your visits many times and you know how long it takes to walk around the grounds, on the day, in your dress and heels and potentially with different weather, it will take longer than you think. The grounds are massive, so be generous with your Wedding Photography time and your wedding photos will look fantastic!
- If you can, get ready at The Gatehouse at Farnham Castle . It will save you lots of travel time and take away the stress of wondering if you’ll make it to Farnham Castle on time. It’s a super short walk from the Bishop’s Palace and absolutely beautiful, so your dress, shoes and lovely details will look absolutely stunning in your photos.
- If you’re planning your civil wedding ceremony in The Lantern Hall, you can accommodate up to 150 seated guests and have gorgeous photos of this atmospheric room with its wooden floor and five arched windows that stream in tons of natural light. The ceremony room is laid out diagonally drawing focus to the small nook where your ceremony will be held. The light streaming in as you walk in and down the aisle are just fabulous in photos!
- If you are planning your wedding in one of the two chapels in the Bishop’s Palace the feel of your wedding photos will be very different and a lot more intimate. Definitely make sure that your photographer is comfortable with different light conditions as the light in the chapels can be difficult for less experienced photographers. Also, don’t forget to keep both chapels in mind for your low light and creative light evening photos. Gorgeous!!
- Whether you’re planning your civil ceremony or chapel ceremony at Farnham Castle, you’re likely to walk into the Stone Hall and onto the Great Lawn when your ceremony is done and you are finally married to your best friend. Yey! Here, you’ll be able to have a chat with your guests, relax with a drink and a delicious canapé and take those all important formal group shots. Let’s get them ticked off early, so you can then party without worrying if we’ve missed any.
- After your formals, let’s escape and explore the grounds for your couple shots. Whether it is sunny, raining or snowing, the grounds are always different and always stunning, so be brave and let’s go! Yesss!
- Once we’re done with your main couple session and I’ve captured many beautiful photos of you and your lovely man, we’ll go back to The Great Hall at the Bishop’s Palace, where you can relax and chat with your guests during your wedding breakfast, laugh and cry at your speeches and enjoy your first dance. At this point I’ll blend into the background, capturing you and your guests both from the ground floor and from the various balconies overlooking the Great Hall.
- Then, when all is said and done, I will probably take you away for another 10-20 minutes for some late night, creative light couple photos that will be the perfect ending to a perfect day. Amazing 🙂
Farnham Castle Photography Portfolio
Farnham Castle is a really fabulous wedding venue, and it’s also a fab engagement location. Here are some of my most recent engagement shoots.
Farnham Castle Wedding Photography Faves
I’m due to photograph my next wedding at Farnham Castle in just a couple of months and I cannot wait. Farnham Castle really is a magnificent wedding venue.
Farnham Castle Photography Video
Farnham Castle Wedding Photography Offer
If you’re in love with Farnham Castle as much as I am and would like your photography to be as personal and unique to you as your wedding plans, well then get in touch!
I am currently running a Farnham Castle Wedding Photography Special Offer:
Book your 2016 Farnham Castle wedding photography with me and save 10% off your wedding photography price. Enquire now for more information and let’s start planning your fabulous wedding photographs!
And if you’d like to get in touch with the friendly wedding staff at Farnham Castle, here are their details:
Surrey GU9 0AG